1. Chemical Name: Magnesium sulfate, magnesium sulphate
2. Molecular Formula: MgSO4·7H2O, MgSO4
3. Molecular Weight: 246.47(Heptahydrate), 120.37(Anhydrous)
4. CAS: 10034-99-8(Heptahydrate), 7487-88-9(Anhydrous)
5. Character: It's colorless prismatic or needle-shaped crystal. It's odorless. It tastes cool, salty and bitter. Relative density is 2.65. It’s steady in damp air under 48℃. When it is in warm and hot air, it is easily effloresce. It is easily soluble in water and glycerine, slightly soluble in ethanol. The aqueous solution is neutral.
6. Usage: In food industry, it is used as nutritional supplement, solidification, the flavor increase, process helper, brew additive.It is used as nutritional supplement to improve ferment in brew and the improvement of the synthesizes drink taste (0.002%). It also can adjust the aqueous degree of hardness.
7. Packing: It is packed with polyethylene bag as inner, and a compound paper bag as the outer layer. The net weight of each bag is 25kg.
8. Storage and Transport: It should be stored in a dry, ventilating and cleaning warehouse, kept away from moisture and hot. Furthermore, it should be stored separately from poisonous.